Imagine Finding Out Your Printers Were Costing You £33,000 Per Year More Than Expected?
When it comes to printing, many businesses simply do not review their printing activity and take it for granted that it is a cost of doing business.
As a consequence, there are little or no controls in place and companies are often over spending by hundreds if not thousands of pounds each year.
Many organisations do not know how many pages they print each year, what quantities are being printed in colour (when black and white would suffice) and which departments are the most prolific users of print. In some larger, multi-site businesses, there is often confusion as to how many printers the company has, let alone how they are used!
A recent print audit with a customer highlighted the following areas where savings could be made:
• Uncontrolled spend on inks and toner
• Non-essential colour printing
• Expensive printers with unnecessary features
• More printing devices than the company needed
We identified that more than 1 million pages were being printed a year, resulting in an annual over expenditure of £25,000 in printing costs and more than £8,000 per year in equipment and leasing costs.
By conducting this review, we not only pinpointed areas where wastage was occurring, but we also implemented changes resulting in:
• A £33,000 per year operational saving
• New equipment that was of higher quality and designed for the types of printing the company was undertaking
• An introduction to administration and security features designed to control output and unauthorised use
• Strategic placement of devices to reduce the overall number of printers they needed
• Introduction of duplex (double sided printing) to all printers to cut paper costs
We also included our monitoring and maintenance service across all devices that released staff from routine work in maintaining printers and photocopiers. All toner replacement, repairs, paper jams and software updates are now managed by manufacturer trained engineers resulting in less downtime and even more savings.
For a print review to see where you could be saving money and how we can help your business, call 0330 1241009 or email [email protected]