Printing - The Forgotten Cost That Can Mount Up
Printers are often a ’’forgotten’’ cost that no-one pays attention to in detail - the bill comes in and unless it is significantly higher than normal, gets paid.
But what is normal?
Many businesses often have no idea how much printing is taking place in their offices.
Printers are often a “forgotten” cost that no-one pays attention to in detail – the bill comes in and unless it is significantly higher than normal, gets paid.
But what is normal?
Directors are often shocked to hear that printing can represent 3-8% of turnover and without review, could result in you paying 30% more than you need to – sometimes up to 60%.
Did you know:
• Many businesses still purchase printer hardware and consumables on a transactional basis - the most costly way to purchase
• Lots of businesses have never heard of managed print solutions – where a company such as Pisys.net manages it all for you usually resulting in significant savings
• Print usage is increasing, not declining in the SME market
• Many companies are seeing an increased growth in colour printing, meaning higher costs on ink and toner
• Most businesses find it extremely difficult to move to a 100% paperless workplace and require printing or copying in some form.
With businesses striving to save money wherever possible and more and more organisations looking to become environmentally friendly, using managed print providers such as Pisys.net is a positive move.
By working with us, we can manage all printers, photocopiers, fax machines and other devices as part of a fixed monthly cost and regular reviews mean we can advise on the optimal use of your printers to decrease the amount you spend on paper and ink/toners.
For one client, who was happy with their existing print set up, we saved them £30,000 per year. How did we do it? By thoroughly reviewing their print activity and implementing systems that reduced waste, managed printer use and updated technology – all without any interruption or noticeable change to staff.
To arrange a free printer review to see how we can have a positive impact on your business, call 03301 241009 or email [email protected]
We are an IT company at heart, so any network issues or “computer says no” scenarios, we are the best people to call when the photocopier or printer stops working!