How often do you work on your mobile phone?
It’s an increasing trend. In fact, here are some startling statistics:
• 60% of employees use mobile apps for work
• 34% of subscribers only read emails on their mobiles
• 71% of employees spend more than two hours a week accessing company information on their mobile
It makes sense. We often work on the train, when waiting for our next meeting, or in hotel rooms when we’re away on business trips.
Using a mobile means we don’t have to carry multiple devices with us and can answer emails and messages faster. This is especially true of workers who are in their thirties or younger, and research by OpenMarket found that 83% of millennials opened text messages within 90 seconds of receiving them.
So, if you and your employees want to be more productive, it makes sense to use mobile apps rather than desktop versions of the software you need which can feel frustrating, clunky, or fiddly on a mobile screen.
Microsoft Office’s mobile apps for Apple and Android phones have a set of useful features which combine the familiarity of the desktop version with ease of use on a mobile.
The apps have access to Microsoft Office 365’s classic suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and OneNote. They allow you to create and alter letters, documents, presentations and spreadsheets, and keep on top of your email wherever you are.
What are the key benefits to improve productivity?
• You can store files in One Drive, giving you a backup and allowing you access from other devices. There is also 1 terabyte of online storage per user.
• The custom settings roam, so they will enable you to pick up where you left off with a document.
• They allow you to share and plan online and offline.
• Sharing is faster, and you can find all the sharing options in one place.
• They include a Tell Me function which allows you to type what you want to do and it saves time finding the function for you.
• You can jot down notes or annotations using touch gestures and digital ink, in natural input.
• Collaboration is secure as you have access to safe sharing, allowing you to manage who has access to your documents, and who can review and edit them. You can also see who you are working with.
• Office 365 costs just a few pounds per user per month, and, since October 2018, licenses cover up to five devices.
What about security?
As the apps are updated continuously, you always have the latest version of Microsoft Office 365.
Hackers sometimes search out older versions of software as soft spots from which to access your computers and systems, so keeping all software up to date is vital. OneDrive benefits from encryption and strict controls on physical access to Microsoft’s data centres, too.
Sound like the sort of solution you’re looking for? Then call our friendly team on 0330 124 1009 or email [email protected] to see how you can revolutionise your way of working.Back to all articles