Information on UK Cyber Attack
As you may have heard in the news, over the weekend there was a global cyber attack affecting over 70 countries and multiple private and public sector organisations including the NHS.
The Wannacry ransomware attack has caused serious issues for many businesses however all Pisys.net customers that have a maintenance contract have had a ’patch’ to stop it taking hold of their systems and are effectively protected.
If you do not have a maintenance contract with us or are unsure if all computers are listed on your contract, the National Cyber Security Centre has released the following guidelines:
1. Keep your organisation’s security software patches up to date
2. Use proper antivirus software services
3. Most importantly for ransomware, back up the data that matters to you, because you can’t be held to ransom for data you hold somewhere else.
We also recommend customers are extra vigilant when using computers and are aware of the following potential sources of ransomware:
– Infected email attachments
– Infected programs
– Malicious advertisement (malvertisement)
– Drive-by infections on compromised websites
– Infected USB drives
Pisys.net strive to ensure their customers are protected 24 hours a day by using the latest technology and techniques to secure networks however if you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 03003 038998Back to all articles