As cybercriminals continually develop new ways to hack the IT systems of businesses, we are increasingly dealing with more advanced cases of cybersecurity breaches in the form of malware and viruses.
More recent cases have involved cyber-criminals attacking the external backup hard-drives of businesses first, before attacking each users computer.
As businesses don’t utilise their external backup hard-drives for day-to-day work, the only time they are alerted to the security breach is when the virus attacks an individuals computer by which time it is too late as both the computer and external hard-drive back up are encrypted.
How will this affect my business?
The only sure way to fix an IT system that has been encrypted is to ‘wipe’ the computer, server and back-up server hard-drive and delete all files and operating systems.
If you do not have a cloud-based backup system or your secondary hard-drive is also corrupted, then you may lose all files relating to your business. That includes financial data, documents, files and anything else you have stored on your server or computer.
So what can be done?
DATTO – The Simple Solution
Back up your Network, Files and Documents
Datto Drive is the first cost-effective file sync and share platform for business, privately deployed and protected by the secure Datto Cloud. Keep files and folders in sync across platforms, and share business files inside and outside of the organisation. Whether in the office or on the road, collaborate with partners and employees anytime, anywhere, from any device to get business done, fast.
If something catastrophic occurs, rest easy knowing that a complete backup is available and can be restored to Datto Drive or Datto Drive local.
Datto Drive is the only platform that natively protects against ransomware through complete file and configuration backups of all Datto Drive. When an attack occurs, simply roll back, and it is like it never happened.
From 1TB of backup space to 20TB+; Datto can be used by any business of any size allowing you peace of mind that your IT network and data is backed up securely and available should something go wrong.
Backup and Secure Your Emails
Datto also offers protection for your Office 365 accounts through Datto SaaS Protection.
SaaS Protection for Office 365 is the leading cloud-to-cloud backup product offering an all-in-one backup, restore and export solution that covers Exchange Online, OneDrive and SharePoint Online.
An astonishing 1 in 3 small businesses report losing data stored in cloud-based applications. Not only can the loss of the data itself be devastating to a company, but the time lost in attempting a recovery can be equally damaging.
The truth is that even data in cloud-based applications is vulnerable to:
• End-user deletion, whether accidental or malicious
• Malware damage or ransomware attacks
• Operational errors such as accidental data overwrites
• Lost data due to cancelled user licenses
• Misconfigured application workflows
Why Choose SaaS Protection for Office 365
Skip the uncertainty and know your Office 365 data is backed up by the most complete solution on the market today.
• Point in Time Backups: Avoid data loss from ransomware by restoring entire accounts to a designated point in time before an attack occurred.
• 3X/day backup: Rest easy with SaaS Protection’s automatic daily backups for Office 365’s Exchange Online, OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint Online.
• On-demand backup: Perform additional backups as needed at any time.
• Infinite Retention: Store an unlimited amount of data in Datto’s private cloud, purpose-built for backup for no additional fees.
• Tech Support
What Saas Protection Recovers
• OneDrive: All files (including OneNote) and folders with structure intact.
• Contacts: All contact information*.
• Calendar: Events (including recurrence, attendees, notes), attachments and any calendars owned by your users.
• Mail: All emails, attachments, notes and folder structure.
• SharePoint: Primary, custom, group, and team site collections
Custom generic site lists, folder structure, document libraries and sets
Site assets, templates, and pages
For more information, call 0330 124 1009 or email [email protected]Back to all articles