Password Security – You’re not Superman, but 333,139 people’s password is!
It is recommended to change passwords regularly, at least once every three to six months. This helps to ensure the password security of your accounts and prevent unauthorised access. Is it time to change your password?
At Pisys we recommend you use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols, and avoid using easily guessable information such as personal details or common words. Using a password manager or two-factor authentication can also enhance the security of your accounts. Never use the same password twice!
Are password managers safe to use?
The use of encryption, secure servers, and two-factor authentication can help protect the sensitive information stored in the password manager. However, it is important to choose a provider that has a solid reputation and to follow best practices for password security.
Pisys can play a crucial role in promoting and maintaining password security within your organisation. Some of the ways that we can help you include:
- Providing guidelines for creating strong, unique passwords: Our IT support can educate users on how to create passwords that are difficult to crack and encourage them to avoid using easily guessable information.
- Enforcing password policies: Pisys IT support can enforce password policies within the organisation, such as regularly changing passwords and using multi-factor authentication.
- Monitoring password usage: Pisys IT support can monitor password usage and detect any suspicious activity, such as repeated failed login attempts or unauthorised access to sensitive information.
- Offering password management tools: Pisys IT support can provide users with password management tools, such as password managers or single sign-on solutions, to help them manage their passwords securely.
- Providing security awareness training: Additionally, Pisys IT support can provide training to users on how to recognise and avoid phishing attacks, social engineering, and other security threats that may compromise their passwords.
Pisys can help with your password security!
To avoid the consequences of a cybercriminal gaining access to your passwords it is important to follow best practices. Having IT support to look out for your security, allows you to focus more on your business.
Consequences include loss of sensitive information, identity theft, financial loss, reputational damage, and any unwanted changes to your accounts. Business owners should ask themselves “how much is my business worth, and can I afford the consequences of a cyber-attack?”
Often we see businesses using easily guessed passwords to help them remember logins. Using easy and guessable passwords also makes it easier for hackers to get in.
Did you know the password ‘Superman’ was used 333,139 times? And ‘Batman’ was used 203,116 times last year?
More shockingly we seen that the password ‘123456’ was used 23.2 million times.
We can help with your password security! Give us a call and we will be happy to speak to you – 01792 464748