Cloud infrastructure is a cloud computing service used through software’s. It allows data to be hosted and accessed virtually through a variation of private clouds, hybrid clouds, and multi clouds.
Cloud computing allows businesses to run flexibly and increases scalability growth with an expanse of storage capability.
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)– Best for businesses who require virtual machines with pay as you go. Providers include Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Compute Engine.
- Platform as a service (PaaS) – Best for building software or products allowing deployment of applications.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS)- Best for businesses not wanting to maintain any hardware.
For businesses the cloud represents a virtual working environment where data, communications and analytics can be stored and retrieved by approved users.
Some businesses prefer to have documents digitally than paper copies, saving space on physical file storage and helping the environment. Cloud infrastructure has also become increasingly popular since the pandemic, with employees being able to work remotely and access documents via the cloud.
How does cloud infrastructure work?
A choice of public, private, and shared clouds to fit your unique business requirements.
Cloud infrastructure provides connectivity between devices through software and reduces the limitations on scalability. Using software and middleware to ensure functional and intelligent connectivity within cloud computing.
Made up of the following components:
- User applications and services
- Application development and management services
- Servers and virtualisation
- Data centre
Advantages of cloud
- Rapid development
- Infinite storage
- More flexible
- More secure
- Environmentally friendly
- Document control
- Backup & recovery
- Easier workflow
- Modern working
- Guaranteed performance
- Able to build your own cloud
Having the data in virtual servers reduces the costs on storage and becomes easier to manage and monitor. The files can remotely be accessed via the internet when required, with you in control of your cloud infrastructure, deciding on volume of data and who can access.
Pisys can help you migrate to cloud and make your IT easier to manage and organise. Why not get in touch with one of our friendly engineers to discuss options?
Call: 01792 464748