What to do if Chrome Fails to Launch
Failure to launch could mean that the Google Chrome web browser is not starting up properly and is unable to be used.
This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a corrupt installation, a conflict with another program, or an issue with the computer’s system files.
To fix this problem, you may need to try a few different solutions, such as restarting your computer, reinstalling Chrome, or running a scan to check for and fix any corrupted files. If you continue to have trouble launching Chrome, contact Pisys support for further assistance.
What you can do
If Chrome fails to launch, you can try the following 5 steps to try to fix the problem:
- Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve any issues that may be preventing Chrome from launching.
- Reinstall Chrome: If restarting your computer does not help, you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling Chrome. This will reset the browser and may fix any issues that were causing it to fail to launch.
- Run a scan for malware: If you suspect that malware may be preventing Chrome from launching, you can use an antivirus program to scan your computer for viruses and other malicious software.
- Check your system files: If the problem persists, it may be due to a corrupted system file. You can use the System File Checker tool in Windows to scan your computer for corrupted files and fix them.
- Contact Pisys support: If you are still unable to launch Chrome, for further assistance.
It is important to note that the specific steps for troubleshooting a failed launch of Chrome may vary depending on your specific situation and the version of Windows you are using.
What does ‘outlook fails to open’ links mean?
If Outlook fails to open links, it means that when you click on a link in an email message, the link does not open in your web browser as expected.
This problem can have a variety of causes, such as a misconfigured web browser, an issue with the email client’s settings, or a problem with the link itself.
In order to fix this problem, you may need to try a few different solutions, such as checking your web browser’s settings, resetting the default programs on your computer, or using a different web browser.
- Locate the outlook.exe executable
(“outlook.exe” is the executable file for the Google Chrome web browser. When you launch Chrome, this file is loaded into memory and runs in the background, allowing you to use the browser and access the internet.
- Right click it and select its properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
The Compatibility tab is a feature in the Properties window of a program or application on a Windows computer. It allows you to change settings that can help the program run more smoothly on your computer, particularly if it was designed for an older version of Windows.
The Compatibility tab typically includes options such as selecting the version of Windows that the program was designed for, disabling visual themes, and running the program in compatibility mode. These settings can help the program run more smoothly on your computer and can be especially useful if you are having trouble getting the program to run properly.
4. Select the ‘Register for restart’ tickbox Click OK.
If you continue to have trouble with Outlook not opening links, get in touch with Pisys.
Get in touch with Pisys for advice on Chrome launch failure.