Speed up your Outlook to ensure that it continues to operate smoothly and efficiently
Outlook is a comprehensive email client that can be used to manage multiple email accounts from different providers. Outlook also includes handy tools like calendar, task manager, and contact manager boosting business productivity and the ability to collaborate. Additionally, It allows you to share files and to stay organised.
Having a slow running Outlook can disrupt these tools that we all now use in our daily working activities. If Outlook is running slow it can take longer to perform tasks, such as sending and receiving emails, which can be inconvenient and waste time.
There are several things you can try to improve its performance before giving us a call.
- Restart Outlook
- Make sure you have the latest version of Outlook installed. Newer versions are often optimised to run more efficiently and may be faster than older versions.
- Try disabling any unnecessary add-ins – as these can sometimes cause Outlook to run slowly.
- If you have a slow internet connection, try using the offline mode in Outlook. This will allow you to access your email and other items without having to connect to the internet.
- Run ‘Outlook Performance Trouble-shooter’ – to see if it can identify any issues that are causing Outlook to run slowly.
- If you have many emails in your imbox, you may want to try cleaning up your imbox by moving older emails to an archive folder or deleting them.
- If you’re still having issues, try repairing your Outlook installation. To do this, go to the Control Panel and select “Programs and Features”. Find Outlook in the list of installed programs and select “repair” from the context menu.
These steps should help improve your Outlook’s performance.
If you are experiencing a slow running Outlook, do not hesitate to fix the issue as there could be underlying issues.